The AuthenticAmerica™ process begins with a need – to restore a building, to expand an educational program, to save a significant landscape, to add extra activities at a cultural festival, or sell locally made objects to continue an American made artform. This need translates to a plan of action, a solution with defined outcomes, and a strategy for development or implementation. The plan determines the cost to achieve the program or outcome – the foundation for an AuthenticAmerica.com campaign.
The desire to preserve, enhance, promote, and sustain is the heart of AuthenticAmerica.com™ funding campaigns.
AuthenticAmerica™ Crowdfunding Criteria
- Historic Sites must be built prior to 1970 and restored to Secretary of the Interior standards
- Events and festivals must showcase and/or interpret local, heritage, cultural or ethnic traditions (past to present)
- Must be open and accessible to the public
- Must share with the public how this site/event is authentic, significant
- Has a connection to place/local destination
Eligible Sites, Places, Events or Products
- National Historic Landmarks, sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places, memorials, and historic buildings recognized by other federal or state agencies
- National Scenic Byways and All American Roads (designated by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration)
- National Heritage Areas designated by the U.S. Congress
- Indigenous sites, events or programs recognized by the National Congress of American Indians
- Locally owned restaurants and diners – built and established prior to 1970 – serving local/regional/place-specific cuisine
- Other historic, cultural, or heritage sites and trails unique to the U.S. story – such as birthplaces, music trails, recording studios
- U.S.-owned and located businesses selling locally made, unique or distinctive products (food, craft, art, furniture, home decor, etc.)
Campaigns are open to non-profit organizations, associations, government agencies, for-profit businesses, and individuals but must focus on funding authentic sites, events, or products in the U.S. Use the link below to access a submission form to have your property, place, event, or product reviewed for inclusion on the AuthenticAmerica™ site. If you want to add a funding campaign for your property, place, event, or product, please make sure to fill in the “What You Want to Fund” section of the form and click the Yes radio button at the beginning of that section. Once we have reviewed your submission, we will advise you whether it meets the AuthenticAmerica™ criteria to be included on the site. If you indicated you want to add a funding campaign, we will send you a link to a page where you can create an account and your campaign.